You may have noticed recently on your deliveries the above important new sticker on our packaging. This certifies that Brushtec is using 100% recycled polypropylene in the in-house manufacture of brush disks. It signifies yet another way that Brushtec is doing its’ bit to protect our environment.
As a company Brushtec is continually seeking to reduce the companys’ manufacturing impact by improving our carbon footprint. Our new factory, now fully operational, features a wide range of environmental contributions and savings:-
• Solar photovoltaic systems (Solar Panels) and a ground source heat pump reflect the use of renewable energy sources;
• Low voltage LED lighting has reduced electricity consumption;
• Thermal efficient cladding and 93% efficient gas-fired air heaters reduce our heating bills;
• Dyson Airblade hand dryers for the toilets generate 70% less carbon emissions than the more traditional recycled paper towels and warm air hand dryers;
• A high thermally-insulated automatic high-speed shutter door, which can open or close in just 3 seconds.
Surrounding the new factory we have planted over 1400 trees and shrubs, including Norwegian Maple, Sycamore, Ash, Oak, Lime, Blank Alder, Silver Birch, English Oak, Hazel, Dogwood, Hawthorn, Holly, Blackthorn, Dog Rose and Elder.